When we develop iOS app with localization , sometimes, we got this problem:
/Users/xxx/XcodeProjects/yyy/zh-Hans.lproj/Localizable.strings:1:1: read failed: Couldn't parse property list because the input data was in an invalid format
- iOS programming
- XCode 11.3
- Swift 5
You can debug like this:
Open the terminal app in the root directory of your project:
plutil -lint Localizable.strings
Check the output of the plutil tool, act according to the suggestions.
- Missing Semi-colon characters.
- Invalid white space in file.
- Invalid characters in file.
- Git merge conflict characters in it!
- make sure the strings file name is always Localizable.strings
If you still can not find solution, just do as follows:
Remov all unused strings in my Localizable.String file.